11 Ways To Use Social Media with Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketers and companies using the strategy tend to over look the ways in which social media can contribute to campaigns and help increase results.
From traffic to conversions and lead generation social media can make a big difference.Through my social media travels, I’ve found the following 11 ways social media can help with inbound marketing.
My list was longer, but I cut it down to make another post as well, since it seemed long.
Social Media with Inbound Marketing Working Together
1- Social link icons
– to send people to your profiles – It’s difficult to find a website that doesn’t have social media icons directing visitors to their profiles. These are pretty much now a staple.
The one thing I suggest people do differently is make sure these links open to new windows, so that visitors do not lose their place on your website. This works with inbound marketing, because it allows users to give you permission to share information with them.
2- On Site Follow Opportunities– so people can follow without having to leave your website. This is different than the icons on your website and they look like the following. This increases follows, meaning you have more people to spread your message to when you post.
3- Page and Post share icons– use these for each page and post on your site, so that visitors can easily share your content on their favorite networks. Use a plugin or tool that makes it easy to share in 1 click. The less work your visitor has to do, the more likely they are to share.
4- Post comments
– set up your comments to work through Facebook, Twitter or Google + (which ever is your favorite) or use
, where visitors can login with their social information. The benefit here is that you make it easy, and the comment is shared socially.
5- Landing Pages
– if you aren’t already using a tool to easily share to social sites from every page, you need to add something to these pages, make sure you include an extra call of action to share.
6- Thank You Pages
– if a visitor has just given you their information, they are likely to do more, on the thank you page, post a call to action asking them to follow you, while you have their attention.
7- Email Signature
– a big part of inbound marketing is email marketing, for nurturing your leads. Add social media links and icons to your signature to get more traffic/follows. *TIP* Include a special call to action for a freebie on one of your social networks in your signature to bring in more traffic from email. Use
8- Know Who To Follow
, with personas you can easily find people who like products similar to your own, and get information about your competitors and who your ideal followers follow.
9- Delight Customers
– One of the last steps of Inbound marketing is delight, and social media is one of the easiest ways to stay current with customers, and delight them with sales, deals, free gifts, downloads, etc. Return customers are much easier to convert on another sale than a new prospect, so this is well worth the effort.
10- Inform Prospects
– Twitter is just one of the social media sites that allow you to easily find prospects looking for more information about services and products similar to what you sell. You can easily find conversations to chat with people who need a little more assistance before making a purchase.
11- SEO From Link Sharing and Social Signals
– with inbound marketing, you are producing a lot of content, social media is a great way to get that content shared and found on social media. Some analysts believe social signals are increasing in importance for SEO.By implementing these social media options, have you noticed a difference? What is the one thing holding you back from using social media more with your blogging and content marketing tactics?
© 2014, Social Media Consultant. All rights reserved.