13 Places to Share New Blog Posts Cheatsheet
Do you want to share your blog posts to get the most traffic possible? Bookmark this page because you are in the perfect place! These are some of the best tactics to get more new post traffic and I will be changing it based on newest changes in distribution:
Prior Sharing Set Up
- Triberr– My favorite place to get shares for new posts. Join for free, join related tribes to your industry and login regularly to share others’ posts to get some reciprocal sharing.
- Use the Triberr WordPress plugin to have all blog posts shared automatically to the Triberr stream
- Have a plugin installed that gives every post and page its own sharing links to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, BufferApp, Stumble, Pinterest, Google+, etc. I use Social Elite for WordPress and the Pinterest Pin-it Button for Images.
- XML Sitemap Plugin- You should have a plugin that automatically updates your sitemap for search engines. I use All in One SEO for WordPress.
- Be sure your blog post is awesome- Use my 40 Point Blog Post Checklist
After Publishing Your Post- Share New Blog Posts
- Use Fan Page Robot to autopost the content to the 8 largest social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Linkedin.
- Share to BizSugar– if the post is business related, share the link to the Bizsugar post in a text file.
- Get the BizSugar bookmarklet to make this easy.
- Using the share links on your post, do the following:
- Tweet the Post- Be sure to grab the link and put it in the text file as well. Add hashtags to all tweets. You can use Fan Page Robot, Hootsuite, or another tool for scheduling and posting with 3-4 other tweets over the next 32 hours
- +1 Your Post and Share it on Google+ with some commentary on the topic- tag mentioned people/tools/companies
- Grab the link to the post on G+ and share with a photo instead of a link preview
- Share on your Facebook Profile and Fanpage– grab the links and put them in the text file
- Be sure to add some commentary, share the link but kill the link preview, consider using a photo for better engagement
- Share your post on Linkedin under your profile and then share to appropriate groups- you must be careful with groups as you don’t want to spam and get restricted for future shares.
- Pin the post photo, you should have generated this with a photo editing tool to add text to the image. Grab the link and include in the text file.
- Use the bookmarklet for this.
- Stumble your post by giving it a thumbs up, but only if you are active on StumbleUpon
Share to Skype groups –
I hope you use skype for instant message, hundreds of marketers do. Take your link and share it to any groups you are allowed to on Skype.
There are many set up specifically for sharing content. And since you’ve been collecting the links of your shares, give these to your friends on Skype to make sharing simple for them.
*Some people have found that G+ and Twitter posts that are shared several times (retweets, +1’s, etc) are more likely to be indexed, instead of several different instances of the same post being tweeted.
Email Your List–
Your autoresponder probably sends an automated email when you publish, however, it’s a good idea to test whether or not you can get a better response by writing a teaser email and sending that instead.
Additional Resources for Blog Distribution
Mike Alton shares his secrets to distributing new blog posts, check them out on the Social Media Hat- How I Promote My New Blog Posts
Through Triberr I recently discovered Renaud Gagne and his post Where Do I Promote My Blog Once Published?
© 2013 – 2015, Social Media Consultant. All rights reserved.