Social media blogging is fun and exciting.
For any person who is interested in building their business by showing off their knowledge and expertise, this is a great way to get that exposure.
For many social media blogging is often considered inbound marketing, since social media and blogging both play such important roles in the strategy coined by Hubspot.
A popular quote in the social media/ blogging world:
Content is fuel and social media is fire- simply meaning content is the food with which social media fans are fed.
In the past 2 years I’ve helped with several social media campaigns and have seen the following positive results:
- Search engine traffic- the more you publish content, the more often you see an increase in search traffic
- Followers on social media- as you write pieces that your audience enjoys, they’ll take you up on the offer to follow you
- Leads from website- enticing content on your blog captures visitors’ attention as you guide them to landing pages to get more information
- Interview/ Quotes invites- your reputation among your industry will grow and you’ll be asked for quotes, interviews and contribution options
- Consulting work- when people have more advanced questions and your expertise fits their needs you’ll be asked to consult on projects
Successfully Blogging & Socially Active Industries
Of course it would make sense to see this in a social media and blogging world when that is specifically what I do, but these results have been seen across several industries, all boasting similar results.
- Tech software
- Home decor
- Real Estate
- Education- colleges
- Curriculum and education programs
- Senior housing
- Nutritional supplements
- Plastic surgery
- Fire Arms
- Non profits
- Animal sanctuaries
- Animal rescues
- and many others
Why Does Social Media Blogging Work?
Consumers want information, but they need to be able to find it. Social media and blogging give them the opportunity to do that, and they give your company the opportunity to be in the right place when needed.
The Basics to Getting Started With Social Media Blogging
- Be patient- give your campaigns time to become successful, it takes months not days to see results
- Be active- everyday you need to provide content to your followers- no matter how many fans you have
- Be learning- follow those who know what they are doing- social media experts and pros- learn from them
- Be there for your market- help them first, give them the information they need and put their needs first
What To Do Next?
© 2014, Mary Green. All rights reserved.